There are various signs that you may need a new Kitchen. Whilst some are more obvious than others, they can leave you feeling frustrated at the room which is meant to be the centre of the home. The kitchen is meant to be enjoyed by the family and the place where people gravitate towards but can also be a room that people tend to avoid when itís no longer in the shape it should be.
Here are a few signs that you may need a kitchen remodelling:
- Cabinets no longer fit together or close properly – this can sometimes be a quick fix, but many people just give up on their cabinets when the screws and bolts have deteriorated to the point that they are no longer workable. A new kitchen may be in order.
- Chipped countertops – after many years of wear and tear this is one of the tell-tale signs that a new kitchen is eminent. One of the best parts of a remodel is choosing your fresh, new countertops.
- Mould – while most dirt and grime can be removed, mould is hazardous to your health and in some instances always seems to find its way back. Renovating can get to the root of the problem.
- High electricity bills – Changing your old lights and appliances with new, energy-efficient replacements are a great way to save cash in the long term, but it will also give your kitchen a new, fresh look.
- Space – When your kitchen seems too small, you tend to do what you need to do, then leave the area to avoid that claustrophobic feeling. The most common reason to renovate is to add space. Speak to your builder about the possibility of opening onto an outlying area. Not only will your new kitchen be more efficiently planned, it will be much larger, and youíll be more likely to entertain guests in it.
Looking to remodel? Speak to a contractor like Totally Custom Designs, who have many years of experience in the field of renovations and alterations, you canít go wrong.